Monday, January 7, 2008

This is what I get for procrastination

As some of you are aware, I hope to publish under a pen name.  After discarding several options (mainly names that already had significant Google presence for other things) I settled on Rebecca Gabriel.  Those are family names, it's not too far back in the alphabet, and I dunno...it just sounds like a "romance author" kind of name.  I've gotten kind of attached to it.
 
Now there's a question of if I'll be able to use it.  I just stumbled across an author that writes - guess what? - Scottish historicals.  Her name?  Sarah Gabriel.  And her newest release's heroine's name?  Elspeth, of all things.
 
*headdesk*
 
(To be fair, she writes straight historicals that are medieval-set, and other than the name Elspeth her book has nothing in common with mine beyond Scotland.  And she's got degrees in medieval history, so I might give her books a try on that factor alone.  I've gotten rather sick of non-historical historicals...)

No comments: